Problem with External/PCI interrupts in MPC85xx

Jason Lamb JLamb at Soneticom.com
Wed Oct 4 09:43:09 EST 2006

Hi,

We are having trouble receiving some external interrupts on our MPC8541E
processor. Our board and kernel image are loosely based on the
MPC8540_ADS freescale design. Our embedded system is not used as a
plug-in card. We are using the MPC8541 as the host PCI controller.

The interrupt line in question is used as a PCI interrupt input. We have
already determined that the line is toggling (active low) and that the
open_pic is configured to recognize active low, level triggered
interrupts. However, the open_pic is also indicating that this interrupt
input is disabled.

We tried to update the "mpc85xx_ads_map_irq" table in
"mpc85xx_ads_common.c" to reflect our IDSEL -> PIRQx input but the
problem persists.

Where are the interrupts enabled/disabled in ppc linux? We are using the
2.4.27 kernel.

Best regards,
Jason