LocalPlus or XLB-Arbiter Problems, DMA, MPC5200, DENX' 2.4.25

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Tue Nov 21 20:24:59 EST 2006

Hello,

We've got the following problem:

MPC5200CBV400 L25R Rev 2

Using the DENX 2.4.25 with FEC and ATA DMA, BAPI 2.2, Prios are set to
FEC 6/5 and ATA 4/3 (RX/TX). This causes the FEC task to interrupt the
ATA task (default).

We try to load both tasks by transferring data from the ATA disk to
the Ethernet, e.g. by using FTP.

At the same time we write to some peripheral on the LocalPlus from
within a cyclic timer tasklet.

From time to time writing to the external peripheral fails, there is a
bus cycle, but we write some wrong data. This only happens if we have
FEC+ATA active at the same time.

Increasing the ATA priorities above the FEC priorities gives us FEC
errors, but the external peripheral works.

I'm sure others have similar problems. Did any of you change the
priority setting of these tasks to be able to run her/his hardware? Is
this related to the XLB pipelining problem as described in the errata
and previous mails in this list? Does anybody know if this problem is
fixed in newer revisions of the chip? Could be disabling pipelining
and waiting for TIP to go away help as well?

Thanks for any help.

Roman

--
Roman Fietze              Telemotive AG Büro Mühlhausen
Breitwiesen                            73347 Mühlhausen