Perl

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 20 19:34:59 EST 2006

In message <406A31B117F2734987636D6CCC93EE3C0438F0 at ehost011-3.exch011.intermedia.net> you wrote:

> I've done this successfully with ELDK 4.0 and 3.1.1 on PPC440EP Yosemite
> board. Resulting perl binary is working with ELDK ppc_4xx filesystem
> (linux 2.6.13 has been used).
>
> However it doesn't run on original Yosemite filesystem (I've copied all
> perl files there) - it doesn't find certain glibc symbols. With ELDK 4.0

What is your "original" filesystem? Any standard distro, or what?

> tmp # /opt/bin/perl warnings.pl
> /opt/bin/perl: relocation error: /opt/bin/perl: symbol __floatsidf,
> version GLIBC_2.3.2 not defined in file libc.so.6 wie

Looks as if you used the ppc_4xx packages for  this,  which  are  for
FPU-less  4xx  processors.  On  the  yosemite,  you  should  use  the
ppc_4xxFP tools instead.

> Did I something wrong?

Yes. You mixed soft-fload and hard-float binaries and libraries.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A princess should not be afraid -- not with a brave knight to protect
her.
	-- McCoy, "Shore Leave", stardate 3025.3