unhadled reloc 18

Arun Kumar arunkat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 04:16:53 EST 2006

Hi ,
I am using k2.4.2 with cross compiler for PowerPC 8245 platform .
When I try to do an insmod of my driver it complains

unhandled reloc 18
insmod: Unhandled relocation of type 18 .......

for all the symbols in the driver .

I am compiling my driver as a module using -fPIC and then doing ld -r
mydriver -o mydrivernew `gcc -print-libgcc-file-name`

When I do an insmod mydrivernew it gives these relocation errors .

The reason why i using ld is that my code uses 64 bit division on 32 biut
platform so when i try to do insmod mydriver
it says undefined symbol __udivdi3

I am able to locate this symbol in libgcc and hence I am trying to include
it with my driver mydriver since I am not able to compile my kernel with gcc
as this library symbol __udivdi3 is not exported in my kernel image when
linked with libgcc with vmlinux .

Please suggest me how to get rid of these relocation warnings ???

Thanks
Arun