Possibly OT: bdi2000 virtual memory on 2.6 kernel

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Tue Nov 14 14:17:11 EST 2006

Greetings

Debugging a 2.6.18 kernel on a powerpc target with a bdi2000, I'm
hitting a problem with not being able to read virtual addresses (i.e.
those starting 0xc......). I get errors in gdb of the form:
     Cannot access memory at address 0xc023634c
I have CONFIG_BDI_SWITCH set and in the bdi config file I have MMU set
to XLAT to (I thought) get the effective address.

I can set breakpoints OK and using ddd I get to the correct place in the
source file but I can't then check and variables or structure due to
this addressing problem.

I'm sure its something simple, I just can't see it at present!!

--
Robin

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.