Freescale combined ethernet driver

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Fri Nov 10 07:27:00 EST 2006

Vitaly Bordug wrote:

> I am not following why you're touching netdev name here... Your problem clearly points to the unregistered platform device (which should be added to the identification code that maps system to the platform device list). In short, bsp code does name matching of the supported boards, and ties it to the enum of platform devices aught to be registered for this board. It registers nothing by default, and since fs_enet fail to found anything suitable on platform bus, not network devices created.
>
> Yet it may be not the case of course - too less information to be sure.
>
> Assuming it is not relevant to you anymore, just for archive purposes.

Is there a howto that explains in simple terms (i.e. not "do like board
X but I'm not going to tell which bits of the code are crap" but an
actual interface spec) on how to create this (as far as I can see
totally undocumented) platform device.

BTW: the code is NOT the documentation - that is the 'how' not the 'why'!

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.