minor progress with plb_temac v3.00a, EDK 8.2, & 2.6.18.1

Pradeep Sampath pradeepsampath at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 19:44:14 EST 2006

Robert,

 I now created the BSP from scratch and its lot better than attempting to upgrade an existing design. I patched "xilinx_temac" and "xilinx_common" , but i am running into another error. I guess i have to start patching the code all over again.
 Please take a look if you can comment on it...
 psampath at psampath-test:~/kernel2.6.18$ make ARCH=ppc zImage.initrd
   CHK     include/linux/version.h
   CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
   CC      arch/ppc/kernel/asm-offsets.s
 In file included from include/asm/ibm4xx.h:54,
                  from include/asm/io.h:28,
                  from include/asm/pgtable.h:14,
                  from include/linux/mm.h:38,
                  from include/linux/mman.h:14,
                  from arch/ppc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:19:
 arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/xilinx_ml403.h:33: error: two or more data types in declaration of `bd_t'
 make[1]: *** [arch/ppc/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1
 make: *** [prepare0] Error 2
 psampath at psampath-test:~/kernel2.6.18$

-Pradeep

robert corley <rdcorle at yahoo.com> wrote: Pradeep;

I found the process of "uprading" the xapp902 reference design to be troublesome when I removed the GMII loop-back; as
such, I aborted the process and just started from scratch.

I am currently debugging my design and have a functional plb_temac but only at 10Mbps speeds.

-R. Corley