No RTC interrupt for PPC440EP board.

Leonid Leonid at a-k-a.net
Wed Nov 8 06:49:57 EST 2006

Hi:

I have PPC440EP board, derived from AMCC Yosemite evaluation board. My
board has Dallas DS1743 NVRAM/RTC chip, connected to local bus (CS2). I
believe, I made necessary initializations for TODC structures (I had to
add CONFIG_GEN_RTC and CONFIG_GEN_RTC_X to my kernel configuration) - I
used bamboo board as an example. Initialization goes OK and I even can
access RTC via proc interface:

~ # cat /proc/driver/rtc
rtc_time        : -8:-1:-51
rtc_date        : 1970-01--14232
rtc_epoch       : 1900
alarm           : 00:00:00
DST_enable      : no
BCD             : yes
24hr            : yes
square_wave     : no
alarm_IRQ       : no
update_IRQ      : no
periodic_IRQ    : no
periodic_freq   : 0
batt_status     : okay

However when I'm using RTC test application, suggested by Paul Gortmaker
in Documentation/rtc.txt, it gets blocked on read operation:

~ # rtctest

                        RTC Driver Test Example.

Counting 5 update (1/sec) interrupts from reading /dev/rtc:

Looks like interrupts don't arrive from device so I don't think this
device by itself would generate any interrupts. Any ideas what I'm doing
wrong? May be this test application is obsolete and I should use another
one? Some missing definitions in my kernel config file?

Thanks,

Leonid.