ethernet interface problem with kernel 2.6.14 on MPC8343E

Luong Ngo luong.ngo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 10:51:24 EST 2006

Hello,

I am having a problem with the interfaces eth0 and eth1 when running
2.6.14kernel on a board with MPC8343E. The problem I encounters is
only one of the
eth interface is really working. Only the one that is configured first,
using "ifconfig eth[0/1] 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0" can ping and be
pinged from another host. I wonder if there is setup difference between the
TSEC1 and TSEC2 or this is not related to hardware but rather something in
the kernel. When I ping from other host, from within the Gianfar driver, I
can see the packet is received on both interfaces but only one responds.
When pinging from the system itself, only the working interface sending out
packet, the other interface does not send anything. Please advise me what I
am doing wrong or missing.

Thank you,
L. Ngo