Has anyone 2.6 kernel with Xenomai and MPC5200 Lite running?

Wolfgang Grandegger wg at grandegger.com
Mon Nov 6 22:21:29 EST 2006

Hello Matthias,

Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> * Wolfgang Grandegger <wg at grandegger.com> [05-11-06 21:50]:
>> I also tried to get Sylvain's patches working on 2.6.18 and gave up
>> rather frustrated. They do not work "as is" :-(. I can offer you a
>> solution for Xenomai on 2.6.17, if this is an option for you. That's
>> what I got working for development.
>
> that would be fantastic.
> I only need kernel 2.6 running on MPC5200 with xenomai.
> I can give you access to one of my servers if you want to copy there
> the kernel.

Some time ago I got the MPC5200 patches from the Pengutronix's OSELAS
project working for DENX Linux 2.6.17. In the meantime they have update
to 2.6.18. Take OSELAS.BSP-Phytec-phyCORE-MPC5200B-tiny-4.tar.gz from
http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/bsp/phytec/download/phyCORE-MPC5200B-tiny/,

unpack it and apply the relevant patches from the kernel-patches-target
diretory to linux-2.6-denx#v2.6.18. I think the following patches should
be sufficient (in that order):

   fec_mpc52xx_bestcomm.diff
   fec_mpc52xx.diff
   drivers_serial_mpc52xx_uart_fix.diff
   mpc5200_physmap.diff

You can find the most recent Xenomai patch 2.6.18-ppc-1.05.00 at
"ftp://ftp.denx.de/xenomai". I'm going to test them later today with
Xenomai.

Good luck.

Wolfgang.