plb_temac w/linux 2.6.18.1 driver init error

Robert Corley rcorley at aegis-inc.net
Thu Nov 2 10:40:30 EST 2006

Rick;

I see now what you were writing about.  The IPIF registers for controlling FIFO control (both xmit and rcv)
are not accessible when a DMA mode is used, as is shown on page 26 of the plb_temac datasheet.

Examination of the drivers generated by the EDK show that a check for the presence of a DMA engine
is done in xtemac.c to avoid incorrectly resetting a DMA-based plb_temac; whereas, the drivers for
earlier versions of the plb_temac do not have this test.

Looks like I will have to incorporate the drivers generated by the EDK8.2 into the linux tree.

Do you know where I might get the file "gmii.h" referenced in adapter.c?

-cy