How do you debug the kernel on an ML403?

Michael Galassi mgalassi at c-cor.com
Wed Nov 1 10:59:54 EST 2006

Set a breakpoint at the end of the decompression stage of what you call
the uncompressed portion of the zImage.elf file, then single step your
way past the transition to virtual mappings, reload your symbols from
the vmlinux file and you're set to go.  Tedious but that forces you to
think about each step much harder rather than to indulge in trial and
error.

-michael