Fwd: execve of /sbin/init fails

Steve Iribarne (GMail) netstv at gmail.com
Wed May 31 23:31:23 EST 2006

Whoops.. forgot to replyall.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve Iribarne (GMail) <netstv at gmail.com>
Date: May 31, 2006 6:30 AM
Subject: Re: execve of /sbin/init fails
To: Anantharaman Chetan-W16155 <Chetan.S.Anantharaman at motorola.com>

On 5/30/06, Anantharaman Chetan-W16155
<Chetan.S.Anantharaman at motorola.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. Yes, the file /sbin/init is in the ramdisk file
> system with execute permissions on it. I am running Busybox (how can I
> check the version?),

I think you can check the version when you do "make menuconfig".  I
think the version info is in there somewhere.  Also it may be in the
README.

>but my /sbin/init is not Busybox's init.

Right.. so if you are not using Busybox's init, make sure you told
Busybox this.  When you do "make menuconfig" in Busybox, I think it is
under the General tab, there is a check for using Busybox's init or
not.  I think in 1.00-rc3 they turned that on by default.  They may
have always turned it on, I can't remember.