Can't get CoralP drivers to work

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 29 19:12:57 EST 2006

In message <1402.194.3.133.184.1148888040.squirrel at webmail.enib.fr> you wrote:

> This seems ok to me but I don't have any video signal. My screen remains
> blank.

What's your boot arguments? Where is  your  console  device,  on  the
serial port or on the frame buffer?

> xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (No such file or directory)

Did you enable all of the following options in your kernel config?

	CONFIG_FB=y
	CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
	CONFIG_FB_MB86290=y
	CONFIG_FBCON_ADVANCED=y
	CONFIG_FBCON_CFB16=y
	CONFIG_FBCON_FONTS=y
	CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
	CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y
	CONFIG_VT=y
	CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y

My guess is that CONFIG_VT and/or CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE might be missing.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
- Mark Twain