Howto allocate non-cacheable memory

Muneeswaran P - TLS, Chennai muneeswaranp at hcl.in
Sat May 27 15:38:05 EST 2006

Hi,

How to allocate non-cacheable kernel memory ?

Pls help me.

	I am writing device driver (kernel 2.6 ) for PCI-X card.

	Pls clarify the following doubts:
	1. DPRAM is memory mapped to PCI-X card.
	2. I have to transfer data from main memory to DPRAM using bus
master concept and vice-versa.
	3. How to make this memory area as non-cacheable one ?
	4. Whether DMA mapping (pci_map_single() call ) should be done for
both DPRAM and main memory ?
	   4.a) I will get the physical address of DPRAM memory (memory
mapped to PCI-X card) from BAR-0 register. Can i use this physical addres
directly for data transer using bus master (without pci_map_single() call.)
?
	   4.b)  How to make main memory area as non-cacheable one ?

Regards,
Munees.
DISCLAIMER
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the

named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its

affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and

may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,

dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this

message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly

prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender

immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses and

defect.