Can't get CoralP drivers to work

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 25 05:57:47 EST 2006

In message <3799.194.3.133.184.1148489640.squirrel at webmail.enib.fr> you wrote:

> I have a MPC8260 processor card with a Coral-P evaluation board (rev 4.0).
> My system do not have keyboard nor mouse (i use the serial console).
>
> I use linux kernel 2.4.25 & 2.6.9.

We have instructions on our web site; did you read these?

> I'm trying to get the framebuffer driver to work. During the boot the
> driver loads fine but the monitor remains blank (no video signal). If i
> try to `cat /dev/urandom > /dev/fb/0` nothing happens.

Are you using devfs? Don't! Use /dev/fb0

> I compiled an Xserver (Release 6.9), and the x11 drivers for the coralp.
> When I start X, it says that it can not open tty0 (indeed it doesn't
> exists).

Well, you got an error message (tty0 cannot be opened), you  verified
that it is valid (tty0 does not exist), so fix the problem...

> For kernel 2.6.9 :

Can't comment on Coreal-P on 2.6.x

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
War is never imperative.
	-- McCoy, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2