question about linux with Xilinx ML-403

Rick Moleres rick.moleres at xilinx.com
Thu May 25 02:25:10 EST 2006

Ming,

>Our best recommendation is to use the drivers/net/xilinx_enet directory

>for the temac driver and just enable the Xilinx 10/100 Ethernet in

>menuconfig.

I am not so clear with this. Do you mean that I just copy the source
code

in the directory of xilinx_gige generated by EDK into the directory of

xilinx_enet in linux2.4.20, and then enable the Xilinx 10/100 ethernet
in

the menuconfig? Can this method realize the 1000M ethernet? The source
code

file names for Temac (xtemac_xxx.c or .h) are different with the ones
for

emac (xemac_xxx.c or .h). Can the xtemac files be recognized by the
linux

kernel?

Right - you would need to copy the xtemac* files and the Makefile over,
and would have to change the Makefile to make sure it produces
xilinx_enet.o instead of xilinx_gige.o.  We haven't tried this, but we
don't think there's any reason this shouldn't work.  Can you let us know
how it goes?