UART DRIVER on 2.6.15

Vitaly Bordug vbordug at ru.mvista.com
Wed May 24 01:11:26 EST 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006 14:02:49 +0200
"Ladislav Klenovič" <lk99336 at pobox.sk> wrote:

> Hi,
> just a simple question, is uart driver for kernel 2.6.15 complete.
> There are some parts like:
>  void scc1_lineif(struct uart_cpm_port *pinfo)
> {
>         /* XXX SCC1: insert port configuration here */
>         pinfo->brg = 1;
> }
> that seems to incomplete. Am I able to do something with SCC1 with the current cpm_uart code?
>
> Maybe stupid question, is there any way (is it possible) to import old uart driver from kernel 2.4.x to kernel 2.6.x

It is clear, that per-board tune-up is too specific to be kept within drivers/ and now it is accomplished in the board setup code.

Just have a look at arch/ppc/platforms/mps866ads_setup.c The thing you'll have to do is implement the pin tune-up for your board in a function, and set the callback pointer to it - it will be executed at the time UART initializes its resources.

--
Sincerely,
Vitaly