About BDI2000 and mpc8247

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at tbox.biz
Fri May 19 00:12:06 EST 2006

>  i have a develop board based on mpc8247. It has no eeprom to restore
> hareware configure word and i have to use default config word
> 0x00000000.
>  my bdi config file:
[...]

You should tell the BDI to initialize the SYPCR register, otherwise the
internal watchdog timer will keep resetting the CPU.

[INIT]
; *** Initialize the core internal registers
; Program the SYPCR - Disable the watchdog timer
WM32    0xf0010004      0xffff2081

You will need to initiliaze other internal registers as well (BCR, SIUMCR,
BRx, ORx, ...).

I'm not sure if this will be enough to solve your problem, but it should at
least be a start.

Laurent Pinchart