[SOLVED] MPC8248 goes berserk when printing messages on the SMC console

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at tbox.biz
Wed May 17 19:38:07 EST 2006

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/utils/SingleFaq.jsp?FAQ-11241.xml

"Question.  Board hangs when the 8260 data cache is enabled.

Answer.  We have found that in some systems, changing the pipline depth to 0
in the BCR register (BCR[PLDP] = 1) fixes any data cache issues."

I don't know what those "some systems" are, but it seems that on all the
others the pipeline depth must be set to 1 (BCR[PLDP] = 0). I don't know why,
and it seems that Freescale doesn't either.

Laurent Pinchart