"Need help to configure DNS on the Embedded system"

nreddy at netenrich.com nreddy at netenrich.com
Tue May 16 22:10:29 EST 2006

Hi All,

 I am working on implementing wget future on my Embedded device.
 So i downloaded free wget sources (version 1.10.2) and compiled for my
system.
My system is walnut based one(IBM405EP processor). But wget is working if
i specify IP when i try to download some file from my support site(i gave
IP of support site), but when i specify like www.support.netenrich.com, it
is not able to resolve.

 I Modified /etc/resolve.conf, but still it says unable to resolve .

 I am using MontaVista Linux Kernel 2.4.20.

can some one let me know how to configure the DNS on any embedded systems.
I have gone through some of the meterial available on the net, but could
not resolve it.

Thanks in Advance,
Nagi Reddy.C