Failure of 2 BAT schemes to enable D-cache

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 12 08:38:14 EST 2006

In message <20060511201329.23866.qmail at web37105.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Please post comments and suggestions of how I can
> initialized MMU for d-cache performance. I am  new
> to this.

We have been through this before, several times. Many times actually.
I have explained it to you, and so did others.

It is perfectly fine with me if you ignore my advice. But then please
stop posting the same question again and again here.

You will not receive any new answers.

Again, and definitely for the last time:

It makes no sense to try to enable the data cache on a MPC82xx system
in U-Boot; the time you could save if you succeeded  is  marginal  to
your application startup time.

And in Linux the D-Cache is enabled, so no changes are needed.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing,  but it is not  one
half so bad as a lot of ignorance.   - Terry Pratchett, _Equal Rites_