frequent sig 11 with malloc() on mpc8xx

Mark Chambers markc at mail.com
Sat May 6 00:17:15 EST 2006

> We are aware that its a FAQ and we rechecked the SDRAM configuration,
> everything seems fine.
> We disabled burst mode and tried but that didnt help. Now we want to
> disable cache and check.

Another thing you can try on the 852 is to change the processor frequency
via the PLPRCR register.  If slowing down the clock helps, don't assume
that you have a timing problem though - these PLL circuits are notoriously
twitchy, and it could be noise (or, more properly, resonant frequencies in
your
layout)

Mark Chambers

P.S. Hopefully you have a hardware debugger - you can halt the processor
and change this register on the fly.  Same with cache - no sense compiling
these changes, just do them manually.