frequent sig 11 with malloc() on mpc8xx

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Fri May 5 01:46:31 EST 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 16:46, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Ummm... I have yet to see a single case where moving to 2.6  improved
> the stability for a MPC8xx system :-(

Our case.

Jffs2's gc thread stopped crashing. This might have more to do with mtd/jffs2
than with the rest of the kernel, but it sure works better now.

Nevertheless I am very interested in hearing about (potential) stability
problems with with 2.6.14, 15 and 16 (besides not booting just because
Marcelo couldn't resist screwing up on the last minute; problem which is
being worked on ;-).

Greetings,

--
David Jander