Impossible to open the root console with 2.6.15

jfaslist jfaslist at yahoo.fr
Thu May 4 03:04:14 EST 2006

Jean-Marie Teuler wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I am trying to use ELDK 4.0 on my TQM860L board.
>
>I have compiled the included 2.6.15 kernel with reasonable options, but
>when I try to boot it, I do not get the prompt after the message
>"Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK"

It could be a FAQ:
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/LinuxHangsAfterUncompressingKernel

But in fact, wwe had a similar case recently (no console outputs, but
linux running OK) and I am told that the problem was with  the "virtual
terminal"  option that needed to be disabled:

Device Drivers
-> Character devices
 -> [ ] Virtual Terminal
	serial drivers->
		<*> CPM SCC/SMC serial port support
 		 <*> Support for console CMP SCC/SMC serial port......

 --

Best regards,