MPC5200 I2C unstable?

Kimmo Surakka kimmo.surakka at oxinst.fi
Wed May 3 23:08:47 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm using a MPC5200 based board (namely TQM5200) and the
linuxppc_2_4_devel-2005-10-25-1440 kernel from denx.de. To get the serial
ports more stable, I've applied the serial port patch by Achim Machura (can
be found in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linuxppc-embedded&m=112901824515097&w=2). The
patch needed small adjustments, but nothing too large -- mostly different
line numbers.

Also, to get the first I2C interface to work, I've had to change the file
drivers/i2c/i2c-tqm5200.c followingly:

-#define MPC5xxx_I2C1_ENABLE    0       /* Disable  */
+#define MPC5xxx_I2C1_ENABLE    1       /* Enable   */

The code compiles OK, but the I2C bus gets stuck after a short while. Has
anyone else experienced something similar? I tried to Google for information
but didn't find anything relevant. Maybe I just didn't know the right
keywords to search for?

Thanks in advance,

Kimmo Surakka

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus

###  OXFORD INSTRUMENTS   http://www.oxford-instruments.com/  ###

Unless stated above to be non-confidential, this E-mail and any
attachments are private and confidential and are for the addressee
only and may not be used, copied or disclosed save to the addressee.
If you have received this E-mail in error please notify us upon receipt
and delete it from your records. Internet communications are not secure
and Oxford Instruments is not responsible for their abuse by third
parties nor for any alteration or corruption in transmission.