U-boot1.1.4 porting problem on PPC 440GX

pravin pravin3560 at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 08:32:59 EST 2006

Hi All,
  I build uboot1.1.4 for ocotea_config  and run on an ocotea without SPD on DIMMS (SDRAM) and  It works. We manufactured another board derived from Ocotea Ref design, 440GX processor and on baord SDRAM (DIMMS) 256MB discrete parts. I use the same Uboot1.1.4 for this board. It boots upto calling the

  relocate_code in cpu/ppc4xx/start.S and hangs. The same code works well on Ocotea. I run the memory tests and it passed all.

  Any idea why this could hang and never finish the relocate_code function. Trying relocating Uboot to SDRAM memory to get the C environment and run from memory.

  Any help would be appreciated. Any idea if i need any special code because of the discrete parts of SDRAM on our board.

  Thanks,
  Pravin