USB on MPC8349EMDS

Prashant Viswanathan vprashant at echelon.com
Wed May 3 04:52:26 EST 2006

> > When I insert a USB Mass storage device (thumb drive), I get the
> > following errors
> >
> > / #  usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using fsl-usb2-mph and
> > address 8
> > usb 1-2: khubd timed out on ep0in
> > usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using fsl-usb2-mph and address 9
> > usb 1-2: khubd timed out on ep0in
> >
> > It does not show up in /proc/bus/usb/devices (I do have usbfs
> > mounted).
> >
> > I also have usb-utils installed and lsusb fails to list the device.
> >
> > I have also tried other USB devices and get similar errors.
> >
> > Has anybody else experience similar problems? Any pointers/help
> > will be
> > appreciated.
>
> I know there are some bugs in the Freescale driver that was released
> as part of their BSP.
>
> Are you using a PMC2USB module or just the USB ports on the SYS card?
>
> - k

I am connecting to the USB port on the board using the USB adaptor. I
tried both configurations (MPH and DR).

I also tried the latest stable kernel (2.6.16.12) but that doesn't
compile for this board. Is there a later (later than 2.16.11) kernel out
there which works for this particular board?

Another possibility might be that the eval board I have is bad. I can't
seem to get my hands on the errata.

Also waiting to hear back from Freescale folks.

Prashant