FW: USB on MPC8349EMDS

Prashant Viswanathan vprashant at echelon.com
Wed May 3 03:57:44 EST 2006

Hi,

I have linux kernel (2.6.11) from Freescale running on the MPC8349EMDS.
I am using the BSP from Freescale which is supposed to have USB support.

However, I seem to be having problems with USB host support.

When I insert a USB Mass storage device (thumb drive), I get the
following errors

/ #  usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using fsl-usb2-mph and address 8
usb 1-2: khubd timed out on ep0in
usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using fsl-usb2-mph and address 9
usb 1-2: khubd timed out on ep0in

It does not show up in /proc/bus/usb/devices (I do have usbfs mounted).

I also have usb-utils installed and lsusb fails to list the device.

I have also tried other USB devices and get similar errors.

Has anybody else experience similar problems? Any pointers/help will be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Prashant