rtai for ppc in 2.6

Randy Smith rsmith at imagemap.com
Wed Mar 15 03:09:51 EST 2006

Hello,

A bit off topic, but I don't know where else to ask these questions.

I am working to port an existing Lite5200 application that uses rtai on
the 2.4 kernel to a 2.6 kernel.  I have just noticed that support for
rtai in 2.6 is limited to the i386 tree.  Is there anyone working on the
ppc 2.6 rtai?  In looking at the rthal patch for the i386, it seems
non-trivial.  Otherwise I guess it would be done by now. :-)
Alternatively, I could rip out the rtai dependent code and just use the
native 2.6 kernel's improvements for near realtime response and see how
it goes but that route will take a little time.  I was hoping for a
quick recompile and go. :-(  Any advice?

Also,  I have been reading about Adeos and rtai's adoption of this.
Does this implementation preserve the same rtai interface?  It looks
like it is in the same boat as the rthal for ppc 2.6.  Please correct me
if I am wrong.

Thanks,

-Randy Smith
Software Engineer