VLAN support on TSEC

Andy Fleming afleming at freescale.com
Tue Mar 7 04:55:03 EST 2006

VLAN is supported by gianfar on 8541 the same way it is supported in
other ethernet devices without hardware VLAN support.  The only
support it has is that it doesn't drop the frames.  All the detection
is done by the software.  You may need to change the MTU (by +4) to
make sure that full-size frames don't get dropped.  I have tested
VLAN on 8540, and it worked just fine.