USB flashdrive on Motorola MPC5200 (IceCube) board, linux kernel 2.4.25 (DENX drop)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 29 06:07:40 EST 2006

Dear Orges,

in message <162B449665D6D643AD9E1D50FC6F4B14042F1C93 at mdcexc05.na.ops.local> you wrote:

> I have a LITE5200 Version 2.0 board and I have loaded the latest DENX drop
> of the 2.4 kernel on it. When I plug in the usb flash drive I get the
> following message:
>
> Usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=4 (error=-110)
> Usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=5 (error=-110)
>
> I must be doing something wrong, and I do not know what it is.

Are you just trying one specific type opf USB device,  or  does  this
happen with several 5 or more) different devices?

> You said that you had the same board and kernel and that your USB as mass
> storage was working. Could you please send me your kernel's .config file so
> that I can compare it with mine?

You can just use the  default  configuration  as  provided  with  the
kernel  tree.  Make  sure to use a current kernel (top of tree in git
repo).

And keep in mind  that  many  USB  devices  are  simply  not  strctly
standard conforming. Some will work, others won't.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse
time.                                                 - Merrick Furst