using BRAM for heavly used Code (on Virtex4fx)

Robert Zach so-logic rza1 at so-logic.co.at
Thu Jul 27 03:56:40 EST 2006

Hi!

I am working on an ml403 board (virtex4 with ppc core). I am
sucessfully using Linux 2.4 and 2.6.
I have done a few performance tests with networking, applications...

In the Virtex 4 is it possible to use BRAM(which are 10 times faster
then the normal RAM)...
I would like to connect this BRAMS in a special address area...

Questions:
1.1. Is it possible to write a linker script, that places heavly used
Code(or importend Interrupt Routines...) of the kernel in my special
Adress Area(on the BRAM)?
Has anyone already written such a Linker script?

1.2. Or do I have to tell the bootloader to copy the special  marked
(how?) heavly used Code in this special Area?
Has anyone done such a thing?

2. Is there a way to tell the Kernel to place heavily used
Application Code or Data automatically in my special Adress Area?
Has anyone worked on such a thing?

Nice greetings
Robert