Slow boot with NFS, server not responding

Kalle Pokki kalle.pokki at iki.fi
Wed Jul 26 19:52:00 EST 2006

On 7/25/06, Edward Jubenville <edjubenville at adelphia.net> wrote:

I am having trouble booting the kernel with a root file system over NFS.
> Once the kernel has mounted the file system, it cycles through this pair
> of
> messages, endlessly:
>
>         nfs: server 192.168.0.39 not responding, still trying
>         nfs: server 192.168.0.39 OK

Try connecting to an old half-duplex hub instead of a full-duplex switch to
see if it works. Perhaps the duplex setting is not consistent between the
network driver and PHY.

I have a board with exactly the same symptoms, but I've not yet had the time
to look into this. However using the old hub provided a temporary "fix"...