Can't "up" my eth0

Denny jxnuxdy at 163.com
Fri Jul 21 17:03:05 EST 2006

Hi,

   I am now succefully to bring up my kernel on my PPC440GP custom board, but I failed to up my eth0, the eth0 is link down after the kernel is booting up.

   There is no effect, after the command ifconfig eth0 up.

   Can anyone tell me what may be the root case, and what reason may cause the eth0 unstable, thanks a lot.

    below is my log:
PPC 4xx OCP EMAC driver, version 3.53
mal0: initialized, 4 TX channels, 2 RX channels
zmii0: bridge in RMII mode
eth0: emac0, MAC 00:01:02:54:12:47
eth0: found Generic MII PHY (0x01)
emac1: can't find PHY!
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
NET: Registered protocol family 2
IP route cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
TCP established hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
TCP bind hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
TCP reno registered
TCP bic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 120k init
Starting pid 22, console /dev/teth0: link is down
Starting pid 27, console /dev/ttyS1: '/bin/bash'
Starting pid 26, console /dev/ttyS1: '/bin/application'
### Application running ...
Starting pid 29, console /dev/ttyS1: '/bin/application'

Thanks in advance!
- Denny