MPC8260 SCC UART hardware flow control

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 20 04:37:40 EST 2006

In message <200607191718.00328.laurent.pinchart at tbox.biz> you wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had implemented hardware flow control support in the
> cpm_uart driver. If not, I would appreciate pointers regarding how to do so.

You can probably take our 2.4 kernel code as a starting point. But be
aware of the inherent restrictions of the CPM, see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UseSCCUARTWithHardwareHandshake

[In the end, you might want to configure  the  handshake  signals  as
GPIO lines and controll these manually. But then you will have to ask
yourself why you are using a CPM...]

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The average woman would rather have beauty than brains,  because  the
average man can see better than he can think.