page locking in PowerPC cores

Parav Pandit paravpandit at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 21:03:50 EST 2006

Hi,

  We allocate memory for DMA operation on PCI device using pci_alloc_constistent().

  I want to know how this function is boil down to the actual instruction which locks the page in the RAM so that it cannot be paged out and dma can do its work.

  Can anybody tell me which instructions do we use to set this page entry in TLB and page table?
  What bit gets set in the PTE for this?

  Regards,
  Parav Pandit