Knowing kernel module load address (insmod hasn't -m)

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Fri Jul 14 07:04:08 EST 2006

cat /proc/modules

If you want more detailed information about a module (locations
of .text, .data, .bss etc), enable CONFIG_KALLSYMS in your kernel and
you'll see lots of goodness in the /sys/module/<YOUR MODULE>/sections
directory.

Do yourself a favor and browse http://lwn.net/Articles/driver-porting/
where Jon Corbet has written a really good series of articles about
modules and device drivers in the 2.6 kernel.

cheers,
Ben