Failed to initialize the ethernet on PPC4 40GP

Denny jxnuxdy at 163.com
Mon Jul 10 21:41:35 EST 2006

Sorry, It is the UBoot question, I will address this to the UBoot maillist the next time!
After I add the environment valiable "ipaddr", this message disappeared,but the ethernet still not work (the MII on my custom board work on RMII mode).
u-boot => tftp 0x100000 u-boot.bin
miiphy_register: non unique device name 'ppc_4xx_eth0'
PHY speed read failed, assuming 10bT
PHY duplex read failed, assuming half duplex
ENET Speed is 10 Mbps - HALF duplex connection
TFTP from server 192.168.65.235; our IP address is 192.168.65.239
Filename 'u-boot.bin'.
Load address: 0x100000
Retry count exceeded; starting again
- Denny