MPC8548 PCIe / PCI support with BSP MPC8548CDS 02/24/2006

Zhang Wei-r63237 Wei.Zhang at freescale.com
Mon Jul 3 17:54:30 EST 2006

Hi,

Yea, that's a good news.

> However a PCIe switch (PLX8516/8532) doesn't work. The
> MPC8548 only detects a single device (i.e. primary side of
> the switch).
> We are going to analyze the problem more deeply soon. It
> seems that the configuration space of that devices isn't
> properly set up.

Just a suggestion.
Do you see below codes in mpc85xx_pex_errata.c(in read and write functions)?
	if (devfn != 0x0)
		return PCIBIOS_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND;
Change them to:
	if (devfn != 0x0 && bus->number ==0)
		return PCIBIOS_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND;
And try again. :-)
(If you apply my patch, please use "if (devfn != 0x0 && bus->number ==0xff)" )

> The provided patch doesn't make any difference, besides that
> it is moved to a location where the PPC itself is not detected.

This patch fix an issue of MPC8641 PCI-Ex controller. It seems MPC8548 has no that issue. Well then fotget it.

Thanks!
Zhang Wei