Xilinx SystemACE driver for 2.6

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Sat Jul 1 16:21:28 EST 2006

Andrei Konovalov wrote:

>> I use this version only because I want to implement the Temac driver in the
>> link of
>> http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2006-March/022365.html It
>> looks that the patches are specific for that version.
>>

> There is nothing special in the TEMAC driver that binds it to 2.6.16-rc5.
> The patch was generated against and tested with that kernel version. That's all.
> The patch will probably not apply cleanly to the more recent kernels. But
> otherwise it should work.
>
> In other words, feel free to use that TEMAC patch with the recent kernel.

    I am trying to get a local link version of the hard TEMAC that is
part of the V4 FX FPGA working against a 2.6 Kernel. Would this be an
appropriate patch for that ?
    Is it even close ?

    There are so many different Xilinx (and other) TEMACs floating
around and so many permutation of those that my head is fogged in.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein