Xilinx SystemACE driver for 2.6

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 1 03:24:17 EST 2006

Hello Ameet,

>Do you have a Xilinx ML403 board?

Yes, I have ML403 board. The reason why I rename the xparameters_ml300 as
xparameters_ml403 is that EDK generates the driver for ML300(the xparameter
header file is xparameters_ml300).

>Does your kernel boot (show messages) without the SystemACE driver? Try
>that first. It should boot and panic at the point where it tries to find
>the root fs. Once you have reached this stage, you can then include the
>SysAce driver.

I did try that. There is also no information. At that time, I guessed that
it was because of the missing of SystemACE driver.Do you think is that the
problem of others, for example the kernel? Before I use 2.6 version, I have
successfully booted a linux 2.4 from CF card.

> > My linux version is 2.6.16-rc5.
>I don't think there is any issue with your kernel version apart from the
>fact that 2.6.16- series posed considerable problem for me when trying
>to configure a serial shell. The serial driver is BUGGY. So I use
>2.6.17.1 (latest release).

I use this version only because I want to implement the Temac driver in the
link of
http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2006-March/022365.html It
looks that the patches are specific for that version.

>Is it possible for you to send me this Temac patch?

http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2006-March/022365.html

>I am in the process of publishing a detailed article/tutorial on
>compiling 2.6 kernel for the Xilinx MLxxx boards. Will send you the link
>shortly!

I am really waiting for that!

Regards
Ming