boot failure on lite5200b board

tnt at blacksnow.net tnt at blacksnow.net
Thu Feb 23 21:08:11 EST 2006

> Thank you José María and Andrey for your advices, however the problem
> remains. I've tried setting the console (though I remember that our
> previous lite5200 board was working fine on kernel 2.4 without setting the
> console); meantime,

In 2.4 you didn't need to set the console. On 2.6 we don't use the
standard ttyS0 naming for the PSC because it causes conflict when another
serial card was inserted (in a pcmcia slot for ex.).

> I've set the booting image to 0x500000; I have also
> tried using the kernel image come together with the BSP, it's always the
> same error.

> Load address: 0x100000
In the log you sent, you still use a low load address ...

> Sylvain, I've actually using your kernel source, the compiled image is
> around 700k (compared to the 1.4M image from the BSP), but it doesn't
> solve the problem. So I presume that the problem is lying somewhere else.

Do you have a hardware debugger to see where it's stopping ?
I'm at work right now, but I'll have a look when I get home.

    Sylvain