Uart on cpm2_io (was: Using modem signal in cpm2 uart for MPC8270)

Mathieu Deschamps mathieu.deschamps at com2gether.net
Wed Feb 22 03:44:03 EST 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 10:20, Wojciech Kromer wrote:
> Dnia 2006-02-21 09:58, Użytkownik Mathieu Deschamps napisał:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Sorry to come with this UART issue again but I had no answer and no
> > better idea but asking people who knows 82xx uart well, people who
> > designed it.
> >
> > My issue about this uart could be approched elseway : why is there a
> > modem_control conditionnal compilation option when PQ2 SCCs
> > (in normal operation mode which is default) take care of CTS,CD signals
> > (Chap 20-8 GSMR_L register DIAG MPC8280 PQ2 Ref. Manual ) ?
> >
> > I fell like that is clearly a design-time choice matter that I need to
> > clarify.
> >
> > And simply :
> > Is this version is known to be broken when activating this option ?
>
> Do not know what this option is, probably for disabling code from
> another driver.
> With latest CVS version from denx.de you have only to enable CTS/RTS..
> signals in menuconfig.
> (And read my prior post if you're using SCC4 with SCC_CONSOLE)

Thanks for your reply,

<> Do not know what this option is, probably for disabling code from
<> another driver.
...or rather to enable it...(default is disabled). Allthesame :

Now it's clear it has historical reason and that I should not meddle with it
in getting it enable. I guess it may be used for non-PQ2 or rather for non
dedicated pins assignement capable cpu in order to implement thoses signals
handling.

About SCC4 my version includes that code you spoke about in your prior
posts, but I'll use SCC4 as usb and not as console. Thus maybe this
turned nouse and has vanished in your version and that's why it's call a
"feature enhancement" yet.

Best Regards,

Mathieu Deschamps
Com2gether Design Center
Electronic and Embedded Engineering Services
www.com2gether.net