kernel startup

atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com
Sat Feb 11 12:40:44 EST 2006

> I'm not that familiar with 8xx, but can't you move IMMR?

Of course you can.

That's correct but on 8540, it did not work.  I was using u-boot
And BDI had mapped it to 0xe0000000 and u-boot had mapped it to
0x40000000. So, it was a problem as serial interface did not work.

It was easier to keep IMMR value same in the BDI configuration and the
processor. Just did not find it necessary to relocate it.

Most of the time, it's a question between conceptual and factual(does it
work ?).
--
Atul