Yosemite/440EP 'issues' as a PCI target

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Sat Feb 11 04:38:04 EST 2006

>>Of course there is also the option of finding another
>>PowerPC that matches my requirements;

> MPC834x comes to mind. But I have to admit that we never tried  using
> this as a PCI device yet...

Thanks Wolfgang, I'll take a look at the user manual.

Regarding PowerPC devices that can be (uselessly) configured
as PCI agents/targets/peripherals;

  - the Artesyn PMC board I got from eBay contains the
    IBM CPC700 bridge - it can never generate PCI interrupts
    as a target (non-monarch mode).

  - the MPC5200 PowerPC, can also be configured as a target,
    but will never generate PCI interrupts.

Gee, who knew. I didn't :)

Dave