Common Flash Interface v1.4 and MTD support in Linux-2.4.4 kernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 8 08:04:21 EST 2006

In message <1139309578.32218.7.camel at yoda.jdub.homelinux.org> you wrote:

> > What would you suggest? Yes, I am happy for a 'quick fix' but if there
> > isn't one or it's too risky I am willing to invest the time in doing it
> > right.
>
> 'quick fix' is to pull the changes from cfi_cmdset_0001.c in MTD CVS
> back into your kernel.  But I'm not sure how quick that will be given
> that your kernel is very very old.

It's not quick at all, and the  ancient  2.4.4  MTD  code  has  other
problems  at  all.  Swithing to a newer kernel version is very likely
less trouble.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a
past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with  a
different reality system.