Yosemite/440EP PLB4 vs PLB3 DMA to PCI issue

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Feb 7 05:31:24 EST 2006

Hi David,

I never used DMA on 440EP/GP till now so I just noticed the two different
PLB's and their DMA controllers. Never seen this on any 4xx PPC so far. I
suspect that the PLB4 is integrated mainly because of the USB interface.

On Monday 06 February 2006 00:47, David Hawkins wrote:
> I took a look at the 440EP user manual, and I haven't been
> able to explain the PLB4 DMA controller observations.
>
> Here's what I've got so far;
>
> p595: PLB-to-PCI transaction handling
>     Shows the two situations where the PCI bridge will
>     generate memory-read-line (MRL) and memory-read-multiple (MRM)

What version of the user manual are you referring to? Could you please give
the pages for the current manual (Revision 1.18).

<snip>

> (I hope you had a nice vacation Stefan!)

Thanks. Very nice. One week of sunshine in the snow. :-)

Ciao,
Stefan