[RFC] IDE support for the MPC5200

Sylvain Munaut tnt at 246tNt.com
Mon Feb 6 06:50:37 EST 2006

Hello,

Here is a patch that adds PIO mode IDE support for the MPC5200.
It's a rewrite based on the 2.4 code by Benjamin Herrenschmidt and
a patch sent by Bernard Khun from metrowerks.

Obviously the patch works for me (I wouldn't post it if it didn't ...),
but I'd like people to test it and/or comment the code (as my experience
with the ide subsystem is limited I might have missed an obvious mistake).

The patch is here for test & review only. To test, you should fetch the
'ide' head of my git repository directly as the patch depends on some
trivial fixes that are not in vanilla right now (I intend to push those
along the IDE patch once reviewed).

To fetch: (just fetch, cloning the whole tree might take a while)
http://gitbits.246tnt.com/gitbits/linux-2.6-mpc52xx.git#ide

To view online:
http://gitbits.246tNt.com/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6-mpc52xx.git;a=shortlog;h=ide

	Sylvain