CPM2 USB driver & MPC8248

Mike Rapoport mike at compulab.co.il
Sun Feb 5 19:44:24 EST 2006

Laurent,

[snip]

>When I connect a USB 2.0 Mass Storage device, initialization fails when trying
>to fetch the string descriptors. Here's what USBMon produces (I decoded the
>USB transactions with the device).

[snip]

I had similar problems with mass storage devices (disk-on-key). I've
tried to find out what was causing them but I hadn't much success with it.
I think that problem might be in driver performance because it is very
far from optimal.
Another thing that may cause problems is how storage devices treat SOF
packets, but I'm not USB expert enough to be sure about that.

--
Sincerely yours,
Mike Rapoport